MDOT officials are taking a moment to recognize the dedication of its workforce of more than 11,000.
“The work we do is extremely important, and I appreciate what you do every single day,” said Transportation Secretary Greg Slater.
“This COVID-19 pandemic has shown me and illustrated for me even more how dedicated our MDOT workforce is and how much they show up every day no matter what’s happening in the world to deliver for our customers and Marylanders. We keep Marylanders mobile and safe every single day.”
The administrators and executive directors of the agencies that comprise MDOT – the Maryland Transit Administration (MDOT MTA), Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA), State Highway Administration (MDOT SHA), Maryland Port Administration (MDOT MPA), Motor Vehicle Administration (MDOT MVA) and the Maryland Aviation Administration (MDOT MAA) – had similar messages.
- “Without your perseverance, hard work, late nights and early mornings, we would not have been able to deliver great highway projects for the citizens of Maryland.” – SHA Administrator Tim Smith
- “You are the true backbone of the service that keeps our region moving, and I celebrate you and thank you for the work you do every day.” – MTA Administrator Kevin Quinn
- “I want to say happy Labor Day to all the hard workers in the maritime industry, including the international longshoremen and the merchant mariners who sail for the United States Merchant Marine US Military Sealift Command, docked here in the Port of Baltimore.” – MPA Executive Director Bill Doyle
- “As we celebrate this Labor Day, it’s a great time to reflect on the hard work of our many MDOT MVA employees who strive every day to deliver premier customer service to all Maryland residents, even during this difficult time.” – MVA Administrator Chrissy Nizer
- “… I want to just thank the MDTA team for working through these crazy times we’re having with COVID, but especially our frontline 24/7 workers. We really appreciate you.” – MDTA Executive Director Jim Ports
- “… MDOT MAA employees, I think, are some of the best employees in the state. They’re certainly some of the best employees in the airport industry. … I can’t thank them enough for their service.” – MAA Executive Director Ricky Smith
To learn more about MDOT, go to: mdot.maryland.gov.
Follow MDOT on Twitter: twitter.com/MDOTNews.